Sunday 5 October 2014

General Election (round 1)

I have already been to church and conducted the communion service at 8am. It went off beautifully. Prior to this I watched the BBC documentary "My Brother the Terrorist" at just after 6am which I had already watched yesterday at midday. I have only just realized that my tweet about the documentary last week was re-tweeted by the film's director!

Today 142 million Brazilians are eligible to vote for the president for the next 4 years and about 3 million are eligible to vote for the governor of Paraíba. I voted on the way home from church. The results should be available this evening. It is a very fast electronic system, although I am hearing reports of lots of breakdowns in the equipment in João Pessoa which is alarming. 

QPR will be playing at West Ham a bit later and my forecast is for a win for the Rangers 2 x 1. It is just a hunch I have that the Rrrrs will win and certainly not a scientific calculation!

No comments:

Post a Comment