Friday 17 October 2014

Green Pastures

I went to Green Pastures twice today so today was a very good day! I love going there and it relaxes me so much and makes me feel good. This morning I went for a nice long walk along the track following the river bed downstream (if there was a stream!) from the dam and soon walked into two Limpkins (large aquatic birds) which I hadn't seen around for a long time. They were gone in a flash before I could snap them, but I have set up my automatic infra-red camera in the pond by the dam where they must be hanging out. I then walked up past the "Woman's Rock" and up right round the lake coming back down to the dam in the shade of the Tamarind trees, laden with fruits, as far as the dam again where I had started.

This afternoon I returned to Green Pastures because I had a message from the Environmental authorities telling me they would be arriving with more birds to set free at Green Pastures. It was lovely doing this and then having an excellent long chat with the leading environmentalist of the 3-man team which came.

The church ceiling was finished late last night, so I am very pleased about this too! The new aluminium window frames are now being fitted and the painters press on too. The work is progressing extremely well. PTL!

I have prepared most of my sermon for Sunday night in Patos so that is good. Tomorrow I will be speaking at the EAB annual Celebration via Skype and taking part in the EAB Board meeting earlier in the day. I'm looking forward to all this and hope to see you at the Celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment