Monday 20 October 2014

A good Monday

Last night's service in Patos was good and the sermon on the "Joy of the Lord is our Strength" seemed to encourage many people, so that's good.

Today has been a good day. I was up at 5.20 and was off to Green Pastures after an early breakfast. There I discovered that the Mucuna Pruriens giant creeper plants (see photo) I have planted there, and which are appreciated by the animals as food, are being attacked by the wild guinea pigs, so we took emergency measures with old pipes to protect them up to a height that the wild guinea pigs can't get them. I also collected a couple of carrier bags full of Tamarind fruits as these are excellent to combat glucose in the blood. They have quite a twang to them!




Tomorrow morning I have my bi-monthly routine blood tests to do so no eating for 12 hours prior to these - and another empty armed morning to face tomorrow!

The politics is very hot now with the second round run-offs on Sunday for Governor and President. By Sunday night we will have the results. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment