Wednesday 1 October 2014

Long day

I was up at 5.20am and went out to Green Pastures. I managed to photograph the Fulvous Whistling Duck which I have been searching for over a period of years and sort of accidentally photographed it on our lake on Monday. I was photographing something else and only noticed the creature when back home on the computer screen. Hence I had a hunch I would find it today and could then get a better photo of it. I indeed found a pair of these quite large ducks and got a good photograph. You can see on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmedcraft/15409949521/

I wrote, produced and dispatched the EAB Nutshell Update today. I am rather inundated with work.

My article on Islamism, which I wrote on my Portuguese language blog, and which was then requested by the secular press, has been causing a bit of a stir. I received criticism from a journalist in Sousa, a town 2 hours west of Patos, and then a Catholic Friar. However now an evangelical expert on the subject has defended me - so it's all happening.

The BBC documentary which sparked off my writing the article will air the sequel to it this weekend and I definitely want to watch it as the first one was brilliant. The first was "My Brother, the Islamist" and the second will be "My Brother, the Terrorist".

No comments:

Post a Comment