Sunday 12 October 2014

Ten Virgins

The Parable of the Ten Virgins will be the text for my sermon in the Patos church this evening. I spent all day yesterday preparing it. This is sermon number 7 in a series on the Parables of Jesus.

Today is my dear Mum's 90th birthday. There will be a little party at her home at 2pm organised by my sister Jean. A few friends and family members are expected. Happy Birthday Mum!

Today is Brazil's patron saint day which we ignore of course. More importantly it is celebrated as Children's Day here too.

The EAB/ACEV Youth Conference continues in Ceará today. Philip arrived there at the nearby airport ahead of schedule only for the people who picked him up to turn up late! Oh boy! I have not received any more news as yet on the Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment