Monday 13 October 2014

Good night

I had a much better night's sleep last night than the night before (which was awful - don't know why) so feel good this morning. How apparently insignificant is this matter but in fact so important a good night's sleep!

Our crowd of young people got back from the Youth Conference in Ceará State late last night. I just saw Gyl quickly who said all had gone well. I should get more detail later today. Gyl came to pick up Lucas who stayed with us over the weekend and was a very good lad despite being without his Mum!

I have understood thus far that the Youth Conference was different (yet to understand what this means!), good and that there were a number of decisions for Christ at the event from the population of Nova Olinda in Ceará - so PTL for that.

News from my Mum's 90th birthday knees up is that all went extremely well. Mum forgets most things these days, but remembered some people, all the words of the hymns they sang with all her friends at the home, and all the words of the national anthem. There's a lovely photo taken yesterday at her party on https://www.facebook.com/eabrazil

Last night's service in the Patos church went well though numbers were down. I think everybody will be glad to get back into our church next month! My sermon went well and Sacha did very well with the P&W just with one chap on an acoustic guitar as everyone else was away at the Youth Conference.

I need now to work on preparing my message for the EAB Celebration this Saturday. Don't forget to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment