Thursday 9 October 2014

Mattresses

Liz and I went out to Green Pastures quickly this afternoon to bring into Patos 15 mattresses for the youth from the church to take to Ceará tomorrow to sleep at the Youth Conference.

Whilst there I fixed up a makeshift filter for the pump which we have now installed with a little water fountain for the wild birds. The problem is that with so many trees around the leaves fall and block up the pump. I pinched a plastic sieve from Liz's kitchen and fixed it with rocks on top of the 150cm pipe in which the pump is positioned. I hope my invention works! The water fountain is in the meeting hall area for those who know Green Pastures. 

We've had some tense moments this week with some Action School leaders who are behind with their reports / letters / photos for sponsors. The deadline given them by Sacha to send them to her was August 8th and on October 8th I opened fire on the schools who have still not sent their report packages and they did not like it. We will be having meetings during the rest of the year to revamp this project and adjust where necessary. Please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment