Friday 31 October 2014

Anniversary of the Reformation

Today being the 497th anniversary of the Reformation I should think it ought to be celebrated big time in 2017.

My day was good, long, tiring but worthwhile. A group of 20 evangelical leaders from the neighbouring State of Pernambuco asked to come for the day and learn from my experience of 42 years of Integral Mission in this region so as to see what then can learn and apply where they live and work. As things usually happen here, they turned up late, but once here all went very well. I shared with them experiences from over the years of all shapes, sizes and sorts. I pray that the Lord will bless them in the pratical application, within their context, of the Christian principles we discussed.

Early this morning I popped out quickly to Green Pastures to pay the workers and bring the week's vegetables in. I was encouraged by the fact that at the Woman's Rock our worker Pipa has put in some tree branches into the watering hole there. He had done this off his own back so that birds could get down to the water better. How encouraging to see that I am slowly getting through to people and changing their attitudes regarding caring for nature.

Now I must polish up my sermon for tomorrow night in Princesa Isabel.

No comments:

Post a Comment