Micah 7 starts with lament and then goes into hope because of God's faithfulness. "What misery is mine!... there are no grapes to eat... the godly have been swept from the land... both hands are skilled in doing evil... the judge accepts bribes... the powerful dictate what they want... a son dishonours his father... but as for me I keep watch for the Lord, I wait in hope for God my saviour; my God will hear me... and though I have fallen yet I will rise... God will bring me out to the light and I will see justice... the day for building walls will come... as in the days when you came out of Egypt I will show them my wonders... nations will lick dust like a snake... and turn in fear to God... who will have compassion on us... and you will be true to Jacob and show mercy to Abraham".
No comments:
Post a Comment