Ezekiel 39 continues the prophesy against Gog saying "on the mountains of Israel you will fall... all your troops and alliance... and vultures and wild beasts will scavenge the corpses". Then the Israelites gather the weapons of the defeated armies which gives them 7-years worth of firewood! Then God decides to give the valley of Hamon Gog as a burial ground for the defeated armies and it took the Israelites 7 months to bury them all. Then God also summons vultures and wild beasts to feast on Gog's corpses! There were an awful lot of dead bodies! Then God again reminds everyone that the exile was the result of Israel's sin, but the Lord promises to restore Israel. "When I have brought them back... I will show myself holy through them before the nations... and I will pour out my spirit on the house of Israel".
No comments:
Post a Comment