Monday, 20 July 2026

Ezekiel 37 (résumé): The valley of dry bones

Ezekiel 37 is one of the most positive hopeful chapters of the book pointing to spiritual and national renewal of the Jews through 2 prophetic visions. First of all comes the vision of the valley of dry bones which clearly represents the desperate situation of Israel in exile. God tells Ezekiel to prophesy life to the dry bones and "the bones came together... then tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them... but they just lacked breath... so Ezekiel prophesied again... and they came to life and stood up". These bones restored represent Israel restored, revived and with new life. For God says: "I will put my spirit in you and you will live". Then comes the second vision of the chapter with the vision of 2 sticks representing Judah and Israel united in one kingdom. "I will make them one nation... there will be one king over all... they will no longer defile themselves with idols... I will save them from their sinful backsliding... David will be king over them... and they will have one shepherd.. and follow my law... David will be their prince forever... and I will make an everlasting covenant with them... and my sanctuary is among them forever".

No comments:

Post a Comment