Micah 5 is a chapter of both judgement and hope pointing to the Messiah and God's final deliverance of his people. "But you Bethlehem... small among the clans of Judah... yet from you will come one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are of old, from ancient times... he will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord... and he will be their peace... he will deliver us from the Assyrian when he invades our land... the remnant of Jacob will be among the nations... your hand will be lifted up against our enemies and all our foes will be destroyed... and in that day I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells... I will destroy your images... and I will uproot your Asherah poles and I will take vengeance on the nations that have not obeyed me".
No comments:
Post a Comment