Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Amos 9 (résumé): Israel to be destroyed

Amos 9 relates God's final judgement on Israel but previews eventual restoration. "I saw the Lord standing by the altar and he said... Cut off the heads of all the people... none will escape... I will hunt them down anywhere... surely the eyes of the Lord are on the sinful kingdom... I will destroy it... but I will not totally destroy the house of Jacob... but all the sinners will die by the sword... but one day I will restore David's tent... I will repair its broken places and restore its ruins... declares the Lord who will do all things... then new wine will drip from the mountains and flow from the hills... I will bring back my exiled people Israel... they will plant vineyards and drink wine... I will plant Israel in their own land never again to be uprooted... says the Lord your God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment