Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Amos 8 (résumé): A basket of ripe fruit

Amos 8 contains another vision which Amos received - this time of a basket of ripe fruit because God had run out of patience with Israel so they were ripe and ready for judgement. God said to Amos after showing him the basket of ripe fruit: "The time is right for my people Israel, I will spare them no longer... the songs in the temple will turn to wailing... hear this you who trample the needy... I will never forget anything they have done... in that day declares the Lord I will make the sun go down at noon... I will make all of you wear sackcloth and shave your heads... I will send a famine... a famine of hearing the word of the Lord... they will search for the word in every direction but won't find it... they will fall never to rise again".  

No comments:

Post a Comment