The book of Micah is mainly pointed at the Jews in a time of corruption, injustice and idolatry. Micah warns of God's coming judgement as well as giving hope of restoration and a coming Messiah.
Micah 1 brings a word in vision received from God concerning Samaria and Jerusalem which he received during the reigns of Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah of Judah. "Hear O peoples... that the Sovereign Lord witnessed against you... because of Jacob's transgression and Israel's sins... I will make Samaria a heap of rubble... all her idols will be broken to pieces... I will weep and wail... I will howl like a jackal... her wound is incurable and it has come to Judah... even to Jerusalem itself... disaster has come from the Lord, even to the gate of Jerusalem... and the transgressions of Israel were found in you... I will bring a conqueror against you... make yourself as bald as vultures because your children will go from you into exile".
No comments:
Post a Comment