Friday, 31 July 2026

Haggai 2 (résumé): The promised glory of the new house

Haggai 2 brings a message of encouragement to the rebuilders of the temple who might have felt their work wasn't up to Solomon's high standard. But they are told: "The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house, says the Lord Almighty. And in this place I will grant peace". Then comes another message showing that holiness is not automatically transferred from one thing to another, and showing that impurity easily spreads, So the people's sin had defiled their sacrifices and work. Thus God had judged them through bad harvests and difficulties, but as from now with their commitment to rebuilding the temple: "From this day on I will bless you". Then finally another message came via Haggai: "I will shake the heavens and the earth... overthrow thrones and shatter kingdoms... I will overthrow chariots and their riders... on that day I will take you Zerubbabel and make you like a signet ring (authority) because I have chosen you, declared the Lord". 

No comments:

Post a Comment