Thursday, 10 September 2026

Romans 7 (résumé): Struggling with Sin

Romans 7 explains the Christian's relationship with the law and with sin, including the struggles of the heart involved in this. Thus Paul starts saying: "The law has authority over a man only as long as he lives... so my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ so that you might belong to him who was raised from the dead... by dying to what once bound us we have been released from the law so that we serve in a new way of the Spirit... apart from law sin is dead... I found that the commandment supposed to bring life in fact brought death... I do not understand what I do... for what I want to do I don't do... and what I hate I do... I have the desire to do good but I don't manage to carry it out... for it is sin in me that does it... and when I want to do good evil is right there with me... what a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment