Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Acts 24 (résumé): The Trial before Felix

 5 days later High Priest Ananias and team brought their charges against Paul before Governor Felix, accusing Paul of being a trouble maker stirring up riots and trying to desecrate the temple. Paul replied saying that the Jewish leaders "cannot prove the charges"... I am a practicing Christian and "I strive to keep my conscience clear before God". "I came to Jerusalem after several years away... there was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance... but it is the matter of the resurrection for which I am on trial here today". Felix then adjourned the proceedings leaving the issue to be decided at a later date. Later Paul shared the Gospel with Felix and his wife, but Felix hoped that Paul would offer him a bribe. 2 years passed until Felix was succeeded by Festus and all this time Paul was held in prison to please the Jews.

No comments:

Post a Comment