Paul starts chapter 4 saying that "men ought to regard us apostles as servants of Christ... I care little if I am judged by you... for I have a clear conscience... but it is the Lord who judges me... when the Lord comes he will reveal what is hidden in darkness... so do not go beyond what is written... and don't take pride in one man over another... for everything we have we received from God so there is no room for boasting... but you feel rich as kings but us apostles are like men condemned to die... we are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ!... we have become scum, the refuse of the world... so I am writing this to warn you... and I urge you to imitate me... because some of you have become arrogant... but don't think I won't soon be there to sort out the arrogant... because the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power!"
No comments:
Post a Comment