Saturday, 12 September 2026

1 Corinthians 3 (résumé): Paul further rebukes divisions in the Church

Paul starts 1 Corinthians 3 further rebuking divisions and sectarianism in the church: "I couldn't address you as spiritual but as worldly... and I had to give you milk, not solid food... for there is jealousy and quarrelling amongst you... disputing between those in favour of Paul and Apollos... but I planted the seed, Apollos watered but it was God who gave the increase... for we are God's fellow workers and you are God's building... each should be careful how he builds because no new foundation can be laid other than the one already laid which is Jesus Christ... and the construction will be revealed by fire on the Day which will test the quality of each man's work... you are God's temple and his Spirit lives in you and if anyone destroys God's temple God will destroy him... for the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight... and the thoughts of the wise are futile... and all are yours, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God"".

No comments:

Post a Comment