Monday, 7 September 2026

Acts 20 (résumé): Through Macedonia & Greece

Paul now went to Macedonia and spoke many words of encouragement to the people, before finally arriving in Greece where he stayed for 3 months. Then Paul sailed from Philippi and joined the others at Troas. On the Sunday they broke bread and because Paul was leaving the next day he kept preaching till midnight, and sat in a third-floor upstairs window was a young man called Eutychus who fell asleep during the sermon and fell to the ground where he "was picked up dead"! However Paul threw his arms around him and declared him alive, so they took him home "greatly comforted". Paul was "in a hurry to reach Jerusalem by the day of Pentecost, and from Miletus he sent for the elders of the Ephesus church to whom he spoke: "He referred to his service in Asia with humility and tears... I have preached to both Jews and Greeks... and now I am going to Jerusalem... the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships await me... I have not hesitated to preach to you the whole will of God... be shepherds of the church of God... for savage wolves will come... be on your guard!... now I commit you to the grace of God... I never coveted silver or gold... I worked to supply my own needs... for it is more blessed to give than to receive... then they accompanied him to the ship never to see him again".

No comments:

Post a Comment