Paul addressed King Agrippa: "I beg you to listen to me patiently... as everyone knows I was brought up as a strict Pharisee... yet I am on trial exactly for the promise the 12 tribes of Israel await... and why doubt that God raises the dead?... I used to persecute the church... but on one of these journeys near Damascus I was struck down by a blinding bright light from which Jesus himself spoke to me... told me to stop persecuting and called me to serve him... so I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven and I started preaching the Gospel of Jesus to Jew and Gentile alike... and this is why the Jewish leaders are opposed to me... Festus intervened then saying Paul was mad... but Paul replied that he was not insane because what he was saying was true and reasonable... and Paul asked the King if he believed the prophets?... and the King retorted that in such a short time Paul was trying to persuade him to be a Christian... and Paul replied that short time or not he prayed for this and everyone else there's conversion... and the King and governor agreed that Paul was not guilty and could have been released had he not appealed to Emperor Caesar".
shares something of our daily lives, opinions, interests, hobbies, Bible and involvement in integral Christian mission in the sertão of NE Brazil. I am married to Liz and we have 4 kids + 9 grandkids. I work with EAB/ACEV
Wednesday, 9 September 2026
Acts 26 (résumé): Paul before King Agrippa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment