In Galatians 2 Paul relates how 14 years after his first visit as a Christian to Jerusalem we went there with Barnabas and Titus who was a Gentile and he presented the message he was preaching, but Titus was not called upon to be circumcised. "God does not judge by external appearance... and they saw that I had been given the task of preaching the Gospel to the Gentiles... and James, Peter and John gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship... so they went to the Jews and we went to the Gentiles... but they asked us not to forget the poor". Then Paul goes on to tell how he faced Peter for drawing back from the Gentiles because "he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group... for we have put our faith in Christ that we be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no-one will be justified... and I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me".
No comments:
Post a Comment