The Book of Romans is a clear presentation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ initially explaining the link between God's righteousness and the Gospel, then going on to discuss peace with God, freedom from sin, Israel as part of God's plan and finally Christian living.
In chapter 1 Paul initially presents himself as "a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle... who writes to all the Christians in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints". Paul next expresses his longing to visit Rome so clearly the Book of Romans was written before Acts 28. He says: "I long to see you that I may impart some spiritual gift... and I am eager to preach in Rome". Paul then goes on to say: "I am not ashamed of the gospel... for the salvation of Jew and Gentile... for the righteous shall live by faith!" Paul them goes on to show why man (Jews and Gentiles) need salvation because God had revealed himself through creation but man chose idols instead of the true Lord. God therefore turned man over to his sinful desires because he had turned away from God. "God gave them over to the sinful desires of sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies... they exchanged the truth of God for a lie... and men and women ended up practicing same-sex relationships... so God gave them over to depraved minds... and they are gossips, slanderers and God-haters".
No comments:
Post a Comment