Now Paul defended himself before the mob in Jerusalem saying: "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus, but brought up here... I was thoroughly trained in the law... and zealous for God... I persecuted the Christians... however a bright light from heaven floored me and Jesus spoke to me... I was led into Damascus because I had become blind... and then through brother Ananias my sight was restored... and I was baptized... and the Lord told me that he was sending me to the Gentiles with the gospel". At this point the crowd started shouting in opposition and became enraged, and Paul was near to being flogged until he invoked him Roman citizenship which made the Roman authorities sit up in respect! So the Roman commander channeled Paul to the Jewish Sanhedrin because "the commander wanted to find out exactly why Paul was being accused by the Jews".
No comments:
Post a Comment