Wednesday 17 September 2014

All is ready for delayed Leaders Conference

I went to Green Pastures this morning to check things over for the Conference about to start tomorrow (a day later than planned) and all seems ready to roll. I say "seems" as sometimes we check with the workers and are assured all is well, only to find later that this was not the case. Oh well... we press on.

Liz is now off to Green Pastures with a Kombi load of food and Josinete is going with her. There's a lot of logistics involved in organizing such events.

I had a walk on my own this morning whilst there and found part of a perimeter fence down so I had to get the workers on to that quick so as to avoid domestic animal invasion into the nature reserve. I suspect it was the work of poachers however. They are a constant menace. 

We are in the process of getting Green Pastures officially recognised and registered by the Government Enviromental organ so I hope this might help make poachers a bit more scared of encroaching into our place. 

People still to pray for are Maria from Green Pastures who is doing radiotherapy and not as well as she was. Raquel (41), who was the first child I dedicated, continues seriously ill in a João Pessoa hospital still surviving with the help of a breathing machine.

We are awaiting the news of the Scottish referendum tomorrow and hopeful for the maintenance of the UK as it has been for 307 years, but with the necessary federative adjustments including eventually an English assembly too.

In Brazil we are two and a half weeks away from the general elections with the incumbant lady president Dilma facing a hard fight being put up by another woman candidate and ex-Senator Marina who is an evangelical well-balanced Christian. We will vote for Marina for president and for the incumbent Governor of Paraíba, Ricardo Coutinho, to be given a second term in office after an outstanding first term. Please pray. 

I continue fascinated by the variety of countries from where this blog gets readers including Hong Kong now and South Africa. I can see that perhaps my comments on the Pistorius verdict were picked up, as could be the case with a lot of readers coming on board in Ukraine owing to my comments about that. However I can't figure for the life of me what I have said about Hong Kong! (have I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment