Thursday 11 September 2014

He's got away with murder!

Joey Barton has just tweeted that Pistorius is in the process right now of "getting away with murder"! It's not so bad when this happens in a film but in real life it is real bad! The whole world can see, but we are told that murder has not been proved according to South African law. Oh dear!

I had a very long hectic day yesterday. I prepared my sermon for this Saturday at Imaculada when the EAB/ACEV church there will be celebrating its 30th anniversary. I also started preparing my sermon for Sunday in Patos but couldn't get it finished. For me sermons have to be well prepared. I can't stand waffling preachers who go round in circles. Well prepared preachers speak and shut up. I try to live and practice this.

I also had to do a difficult counselling session yesterday having done a parallel session earlier in the week  with another person which was also difficult. I also had considerable discussions with Pastor Wostenes in Campina Grande. I also wrote and dispatched a circular email to all the EAB/ACEV leadership in preparation for our leaders conference starting next Wednesday. 

Prior to going to bed Liz and I watched President Obama's speech to his nation on CNN about the new strategy to combat IS fanatical terrorists in Iraque and Syria. It was a very good speech on the whole. May God help the allied forces getting together on this matter to defeat evil.

I now press on with my sermon preparation for Sunday and the Bible study for tonight in Patos. Liz has already been to see the church building work to check that. We press on and value your prayers always.

No comments:

Post a Comment