Thursday 25 September 2014

Two State Day

Yesterday I worked in both the States of Paraíba, where we live, and Rio Grande do Norte.

I picked up the visiting journalist, who has now left Patos, at 8am, and off we went to Itaporanga County to visit the Capim Grosso Plantation and Fish Farm Project. However we had a bad delay on the road as the MST (Landless Movement) had blocked the main road and would not let anyone past. This happened all over Brazil in a coordinated protest. They have a right to protest but I can't see how this sort of protest should be allowed. Anyway the journalist lapped it up and interviewed them, with me interpreting, and photographed them.

Once through the aggressive road block we got to Itaporanga where we met local pastor Oseias also doing church building work like us in Patos. He then went with us to the project right out in the dry wilds. He was impressed to see the two fish farming ponds in full production from where they sell 60 kg of fish each week. Then we went on to the horticulture, fruit and vegetable sections where you name it they plant it and sell it. They are doing so well that they can't meet demands and are working long hours and planting more and more. Praise God for this amazingly successful community at which the local folk who now follow the Lord have already set aside some land to build a church. They have regular services there already. PTL!


I got back to Patos mid-afternoon and then prepared to go with Liz to Ipueira in Rio Grande do Norte State to preach at the end of a day of door-to-door evangelism led by a 35-strong team from our Patos church. The service was great and my sermon went super well as I held the 80 locals listening in the village square.


I was amazed afterwards because some "knew me" through radio broadcasts and others "knew me" through my nature photography. After the service people kept coming up to me and felt like a sort of bit of a star!

We got home and boy was I tired - but it was a great day. PTL! Slowly a church plant is taking shape there at Ipueira. Very slowly yes... but surely!

No comments:

Post a Comment