Saturday 27 September 2014

I wasn't far off

I forecast Southampton would beat QPR 3 x 1 today and it was slightly better at 2 x 1. Oh well... at least they did a bit better overall. Nothing else to say about it.

I spent all morning working flat out on my sermon for tomorrow. I will preach on the third of the 7 "I am" statements by Jesus in John's Gospel. This time it is 10:9 and "I am the door". The preparation is going well and I am two-thirds done. This time round I have gone back to the importance of the "I am" theme in Jewish/Christian theology and worked a bit on origins issues prior to pressing in to Jesus as God being the only door to salvation. I value your prayers.

Philip is away in João Pessoa with his wife and son, but plans to be back for the evening service in Patos. Their daughter has stayed with us, though I am sure her boyfriend in Patos is more the attraction than us! However we love having her with us anyway.

I have dispatched the latest EAB Diary Update with my diary/blog jottings over the past couple of weeks or so.

The Patos church building project plods along. I think that's the ideal verb at the moment! We seem to be at a slow stage waiting for bits and pieces to be done before we can start putting it all together in the final push to finalize everything. We certainly want to be back in our church for Christmas and hopefully this will be in fact by the end of November. Thanks for prayers and support which are welcome and appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment