Tuesday 30 September 2014

Patos Bible College

I have done quite a lot of work linked to the Patos Bible College today. We had some things outstanding from May and finally we seem to be getting everyone's act together! Liz and I endeavour to take on a more advisory counselling role in the College leaving younger one's to take on the detailed nitty-gritty. I was principal for 17 and a half years and Liz has been treasurer for a long time now. Hopefully by next month we will have it all sorted.

With the general elections in Brazil this Sunday there's a lot to pray about. I have been working quite a bit on political matters. We have to elect a president, governor, senator, federal deputy and state deputy - so there will be 5 votes to cast and all, as usual, via eletronic ballot boxes. I have decided on my 5 candidates. It looks like the president Dilma will be re-elected, but she is facing a strong challenge from a very good well balanced pentecostal evangelical Christian called Marina Silva. I will be voting for Marina Silva. I will also be voting for the re-election of our state governor Ricardo Coutinho who served a superb first term of office.

I have prayed a lot for the Iraque/Syria situation today. It is unbelievable that the west let things get so out of hand. Though a supporter of Barack Obama usually, this time I am sure he has dithered far too long and have written to tell him so. I have also written to complain to the BBC who is giving little and poor coverage of events in the middle-east. I pray for God to overule in that terrible situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment