Tuesday, 25 August 2026

John 9 (résumé): Jesus heals a man born blind

Then Jesus healed a man born blind by spitting and making mud pancakes and putting them on his eyes so that when he washed off the mud in the Pool of Siloam he regained his sight. The disciples asked about the cause of the blindness and whether it was his sin or his parents? Jesus said neither was the case but so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. However the Pharisees felt provoked by the healing especially as it was done on a Sabbath. They also raised questions about the genuineness of the healing and whether Jesus was in fact a sinner. So the man answered "Whether he's a sinner or not I don't know. But one thing I do know. I was blind but now I see". Then Jesus explained the Gospel to the man who had been healed yet had been ill-treated by the Pharisees as a consequence, and the man said: "Lord, I believe, and he worshipped Jesus". Jesus said "For judgement I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who will see will become blind!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment