Jesus then says: I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener... he prunes fruitless branches... remain in me, and I will remain in you... I am the vine and you are the branches so if you remain linked to me you will produce much fruit... this is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit... As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Now remain in my love... greater love has no-one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends... and you are my friends if you do my commands... you did not chose me but I chose you to go and bear fruit... this is my command: Love one another... but if the world hates you... remember it hated me first and no servant is greater than his master... and he who hates me hates the Father as well... and they hated me without reason... when the Counsellor comes the Spirit of Truth will testify of me".
No comments:
Post a Comment