Tuesday, 25 August 2026

John 10 (résumé): The Shepherd and his Flock

Jesus now teaches that the man who doesn't enter the sheep pen by the gate is a thief, but the shepherd enters by the gate and calls his sheep by name. The sheep follow the shepherd because they know his voice and Jesus says I am the gate for the sheep and whoever enters through me will be saved. "I am the good shepherd" said Jesus "and I lay down my life for the sheep". Then the Jews insisted on a plain answer as to whether Jesus was the Christ. Jesus said he had already answered by his works because "the miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you don't believe... because you aren't my sheep... but believe the miracles that you may learn that the Father is in me, and I in the Father".

No comments:

Post a Comment