Wednesday, 26 August 2026

John 16 (résumé): The Work of the Holy Spirit

Jesus now warns his followers that it will not always be easy to be a Christian and there will be those who think killing disciples is service to God! Then Jesus speaks of the coming work of the Holy Spirit saying: "It is for your good that I am going away... because unless I go the Counsellor won't come... and he will convict the world... when he the Spirit of Truth comes he will guide you into all truth... and he will tell you what is yet to come... in a little while you will see me no more". The disciples didn't understand but Jesus prophesied that "You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy... and no-one will take away your joy... ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete... the Father has loved you because you have loved me... you believe at last Jesus said... but you will leave me alone... yet the Father is with me... and I have shared these things so that you may have peace".

No comments:

Post a Comment