Monday, 24 August 2026

John 1 (résumé): The Word became Flesh

John 1 introduces Jesus as the eternal Word of God who became flesh. "Through him all things were made... in him was life... John (the Baptist) was sent from God to be a witness of Jesus... so that men might believe... but the world didn't recognize Jesus... his own didn't receive him... but to those who believe he gave the right to become children of God... we have seen his glory... full of grace and truth... the law was given through Moses but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ". Then John the Baptist says "I am not the Christ... who are you then they asked? John said I am the voice of one calling in the desert, prepare the way for the Lord... so they asked why he baptized if he wasn't the Christ?... and he answered I baptize with water but the one coming after me I am not worthy to untie his sandals!" The next day John saw Jesus and declared: "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!... and John saw the Spirit come down on Jesus like a dove.... I baptize with water but he will baptize with the Holy Spirit!" Then the next day Jesus called Andrew and his brother Simon, whom Jesus called Peter, and they were Jesus' first disciples. Then Jesus called Philip to follow him, and he passed on the word about Jesus to Nathanael but he questioned about Jesus being from Nazareth, but soon his eyes were open and he declared: "You are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel". 

No comments:

Post a Comment