Jesus comforts his disciples telling them that he is going to prepare a place for them in his Father's house and he says: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me... anyone who has seen me has seen the Father... I am in the Father and the Father is in me... and you may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it". He then goes on to say: "If you love me you will obey what I command... and the Father will give you another Counsellor to be with you forever - The Spirit of Truth... I will not leave you orphans... and because I live you will live also... if anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching... and the Counsellor, The Holy Spirit... will teach you all things... Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you... don't let your hearts be troubled, don't be afraid".
No comments:
Post a Comment