Saturday 24 January 2015

Camalau Well Inauguratiom

Yesterday involved a very long tiring journey to Camalaú to inaugurate yet another well, but it was well worth the effort. Social worker Marah Danielle went with me in the jeep to give a talk to the ladies on health issues and Marcia Alencar also went with me to work with the children. We always start these events with health talks to separate groups of men, women and children. Then everyone comes together for my talk on the environment prior to the actual thanksgiving service at which the Gospel is preached. It always ends with my prayer of consecration of the well. The events are always joyful as was the event yesterday.

I am very tired today and need to prepare my sermon for tomorrow. I value your prayers. On the journey I had a lovely chance to chat to those that went with me. It was great to talk to Marah and Márcia and to get to know and understand them better.

Philip is now on his long flight to India. Please remember him in your prayers. Please pray for Sacha too still in Recife, going into the last week of her Cambridge teacher training course. She is doing very well, but it is a long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment