Monday 1 December 2014

Where do I start?

Going back to last Friday (Nov. 28th) - I left Patos about 2pm in the company of Bible School student Ricardo from the EAB/ACEV Patos church who is married to our social worker Marah Danielle. He was to be really good company on all my travels which ended about midday today. Liz couldn't go on all the travels with me owing to her needing to be at the Patos church etc. Liz led the service in Patos last night and Ben Price preached.

We arrived at Tavares about 4pm and drove out into the rural area arriving at the Arara Community about 4.20pm. I had a good look round the plantation project about to be officially inaugurated and took photos. On top of all the green products growing healthily I was pleased to see the 4 Legs and 2 Wings projects flourishing too as well as a biogas producer in place. I have been on to our team about this option for the rural poor for years and finally won the battle. They put in cow/goat dung and get good quality kitchen gas free. This means they no longer either chop down trees for firewood or buy cylinders of gas to cook with. The thanksgiving service went off very well and I spoke at this as always.

We slept at Princesa Isabel and on Saturday morning both pastors Lindon Carlos and Wostenes + Liz went to Princesa Isabel for a trouble shooting meeting which was very tough and often bitter. I can't go into details here but ask for your prayers. It is a typical sort of situation that sometimes evolves when a logstanding leader dies or leaves. After the meeting Ricardo and I travelled 3 hours west to Nova Olinda whilst the others went home. It was nearly 10pm by the time we got there very tired. No internet was working so we couldn't communicate. The little boarding house was pretty rough, but we survived. In the middle of the night I heard Barn Owls making a lot of noise and got up to try and see them, but couldn't.

On Sunday morning, still feeling somewhat down (to put it mildly) as a result of the awful meeting the previous day I just asked the Lord to lift my spirits so as to be able to minister to these dear people in Ceará State. God did help me and the baptism in the morning was lovely with 6 men and 6 women being baptised. 


We then went and had a church lunch together in the forest and I went for a walk for an hour and a bit whilst the food was being prepared. On the walk I managed to record the song of a new bird for me called the White-browed Antpitta but I could get a photo of it.

After lunch we went and visited a group now apparently joining EAB/ACEV in the neighbouring county of Santana do Seridó - so God is sure moving! PTL! From there I came back to the doss-house for a snooze and then had a shower prior to going to preach at the 7pm communion service which was great. God is really blessing this new church. 

I was up at 5.30am today, had breakfast an hour later and hit the road. Back safe and sound I am exhausted but praising God for much more positive than negative on the journey. 

Tomorrow we inaugurate another well nearer to home at São Mamede - a few miles from Green Pastures.

Liz is pulling her hair out with the electricity company which is being really difficult and awkward about relinking us to the mains power at the Patos church. Without this we can't get back into our church as planned on Dec. 13th. Please pray hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment