Sunday 7 December 2014

Tiring but terrific

Liz and I travelled yesterday afternoon to the EAB/ACEV church at Portelo in the County of Puxinanã which is a two hour drive east of Patos. It was the church's 24th anniversary and the day on which it was given full church status as opposed to being a daughter congregation of the large 1st Campina Grande church.



Despite this church being in an off-the-beaten-track rural community the Lord has really blessed in recent years and the work is going forward with great enthusiasm. The church was full last night and I preached the Word with great freedom. PTL!

It was quite a tiring trip back - but we were in bed by 1am. On the way there and back our vehicle becomes an office and Liz and I have noted discussions on all sorts of church issues that need our attention. Not a moment is lost and it makes the journey go quicker. God spared us from one very near accident on the way there when a motorbike in the right lane suddenly decided to take a left straight in front of me without looking in his mirror to see me in the fast lane. My screeching brakes made him swerve back to where he had been and his possible death was avoided gratefully. However these things do shake you a bit.

Philip got back in the early hours from India and is in João Pessoa resting up. Also in João Pessoa are Sacha and family + Deborah and Arthur, The senior grandchildren Felipe (now enrolled as a university student for 2015!) and Louisa (15 this Thursday!) are with us, which we love.

Now I must prepare for tonight's communion service in Patos.

QPR beat Burnley 2 x 0 yesterday so that was good and it takes them just out of the relegation places. However despite me having predicted a draw I in fact increased my lead in first place in the QPR prediction lead as I got the half-time score right and predicted correctly one of the QPR scorers. We have hope. Not a lot - but we have hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment