Tuesday 30 December 2014

Hamper distribution

The Christmas/New Year Hamper distribution went off very well this morning. We started at 8am and finished about 9.30am distributing to 200 very poor families. This means at least 1,000 people were blessed by this! You can see the queue below. A few from the local church joined Liz and I to help in the distribution - 2 deaconesses, 2 students, 1 young man off work and 1 Care Centre worker. The local press covered the event. It was lovely to see so many smiling happy people as a result of this simple expression of God's love.


This afternoon I have had a computer technician in sorting out a few minor problems on my lap top. I am also preparing the order of service for tomorrow's watchnight service. My sermon is ready for that.

I have received an invitation to go to the State capital João Pessoa on January 1st for a thanksgiving service as the re-elected State Governor is sworn into office for another 4 years. You may remember that he invited me 4 years ago when he was first elected. There's always plenty to keep us busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment