Saturday 6 December 2014

Preaching at Portelo

I am back from my short break at Areia. I walked for endless miles in the forest there down into deep valleys and then climbing up out again. Tiring but exhilarating! I photographed new species of birds as well as butterflies, giant ants etc. Brilliant stuff!

Today I am going to preach at Portelo where the Lord has been really blessing over recent years. The pastor is Sílvio who was kidnapped together with his wife and daughter a couple of years back. Praise God they are well today.

QPR will be playing Burnley at home today - another 'must win' game. I am top of the QPR match prediction league and have predicted a draw. I hope we win, but... Burnley have been doing quite well away so I've opted for 0 x 0 at half-time and 1 x 1 at full-time with Rangers' goal to come from Austin. 

Tomorrow I lead the service in Patos. Philip is now flying back to Brazil from India and is on the 15 hour stretch between Dubai and São Paulo.


Last night I went to look over the church renovation project with Liz and it is really looking lovely. However we still can't set the re-opening day owing to the dilly-dallying of the electricity board. The light you see in the photo is a temporary link from the Care Centre. Please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment