Saturday 13 March 2021

Samara is home

Our dear sister Samara, who sadly attempted suicide, was brought into the Patos General Hospital for further recovery treatment but today her pastor Betinho came and took her home to Ibiara after she was released. I have given quite a bit of advice to the young pastor about supporting the deaconess together with his wife. Please especially pray for Samara at this difficult time.

Yesterday afternoon Liz and I went for our usual walk at Green Pastures and observed the effects of the lack of rainfall this rainy season. We planted melons, water melons and pumpkins but sadly much of them have died owing to the lack of rain. Please pray as this is a very bad rainy season so far.

I have been preparing the online communion service for tomorrow which I will be leading. The preacher will be our assistant pastor Rafael. I also posted on Facebook a photo from our market garden project at Sítio Glória Community in Imaculada County. The photo shows some beautiful lettuces. It reminds me of my Dad's old joke: What do couples most like to eat on their honeymoon? Answer: Lettuce alone! 😂  

No comments:

Post a Comment