Sunday 21 March 2021

Bristol, Danbury & Patos

 Today I have travelled virtually a lot. This morning I took part, together with Liz, in the service at the Bristol Ivy Church. This afternoon I took part in a meeting of the Danbury Mission in Essex. Now I have just finished leading the service here in Patos and in all of it we felt the blessing of God.

Yesterday I received messages of thanks from the nuns who I spoke to. I was told that I had spoken to nuns from the states of Paraíba, Rio Grande do Norte and Alagoas. Praise God for every door that he opens to us in ministry.

I sent a message to the Governor of our state of Paraíba to encourage him for his good work in trying to contain the pandemic. I felt I should publicly take a stand with him for good in the light of the opposition he is facing from President Bolsonaro who just makes fun of it and say lockdowns are a waste of time. I know the Governor received my message but I also made it public on Facebook and Twitter. Now you should see the reaction to my message! On one hand people applaud but on the other hand people spew out all sorts of aggressive insults because they are fanatical supporters of President Bolsonaro. Brazil is in a terrible mess.

Please pray for 2 men from the Patos church who have gone down ill with Covid. They are Clayton and Ernane. 

I think there is the possibility of Liz and I receiving a first dose of vaccine in the next one or two weeks. I estimate this by the age groups they are now nearing and the amount of vaccines being sent to our state. The vaccine will either be from China or from the UK as these are the two being used so far here.

No comments:

Post a Comment