Saturday 20 March 2021

Pastors

 My role in the work of God in northeast Brazil is as chairman of EAB/ACEV's 11 person leadership team. The team is elected by all our church leaders every 4 years and it has 9 men and 2 women in the team which includes Liz. Hence one of my important tasks in difficult times like these is to support our pastors around our over 80 churches and advise them as necessary. Yesterday I chatted a lot to one such pastor, who will have to be nameless, as he shared with me about being in debt as his church isn't keeping up with his monthly payments from which he lives off. He said that no matter how much he preaches about tithes and offerings it doesn't seem to change the situation! So I agreed to help him over the next 6 months or so which will give him breathing space to sort this out, but his church will not know we are helping him otherwise they might never get their act together!

I also had good talks yesterday with pastor Iremar, who leads the Juá church, and we discussed how the church is going etc. I also had talks with pastor Wostenes. 

I have now finished the year 2011 for my book on the history of the work here, so that's 7 years to go. The book is in Portuguese for a Brazilian readership and will cover the first 80 years from 1938 to 2018. It will be something very important for future generations in the EAB/ACEV churches and in Bible Colleges.

Yesterday I had another good walk at Green Pastures and filmed a nice Tarantula spider in the bargain. We had a light shower (2 mm) of rain before we got there. The rain situation here gets worse and worse. Please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment