Saturday 27 April 2024

Greater Ani

I went to Green Pastures and saw a nest of the Greater Ani which is a dark blue bird with white eyes which measures 46 cms. I saw the parents and 3 young in the nest who are quite large already and should soon be flying. This species comes to us every year in the rainy season. I also heard the Scaled Dove cooing and saw a number of small flocks of Red-cowled Cardinals.

Yesterday afternoon I received the visit in my office of the leader of an evangelical mission in Joao Pessoa called Juvep. The leader's name is Sergio Ribeiro. He was coming through Patos and so contacted me asking to set up a meeting. We had a very good discussion about the work of the Lord in northeast Brazil which was most worthwhile.

Yesterday QPR beat Leeds 4 x 0 at home and therefore guaranteed their permanence in the Championship with one game still to play. I watched the second half on TV as I had been in a meeting so missed the first half. It was an outstanding performance against a top side.

No comments:

Post a Comment