Friday 21 May 2021

New Pastors

I have been preparing for a meeting of the EAB/ACEV senior leadership team which will be held this Saturday afternoon. Us leaders will be interviewing three candidates for probationary status as pastors. The first is Betinho who leads the Ibiara and Conceição churches. The second is Léo who leads the Juazeirinho church. The third is Fabrício Jr. who will be an assistant pastor to pastor Wostenes in Campina Grande. Each interview will probably last about half an hour and the starting time of the meeting will be 7 pm UK time so please do pray for us. We praise God for this new generation of leaders coming through the ranks here. The second and third candidates have already graduated from Bible College. The first is in the middle of his course of theology and will only be ordained after he has graduated. We value your prayers for this meeting.

I have been preparing for this Sunday's service which we will be at in person again like last week. I will be leading the service again and this week Pastor Lucena will be preaching.

I have finished writing 78 years of EAB/ACEV history so I have just two years to go! I aim to definitely publish the book with the history of EAB/ACEV's first 80 years' history this year. I have written in Portuguese from 1938 to 2016 so I'm nearly there!

I have just had a longish meeting with Sacha in her capacity as leader of the Patos Worship team. She is doing an excellent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment