Wednesday 5 May 2021

Blitz

This week I received a new book to read which was written by Mike Hollow and called the Blitz Detective. I have read 4 chapters thus far and it is very good. It is set in East London in World War II. I like Mike's style of writing. I have known Mike since he came to Brazil back in the 90s with Tearfund to make a video about the work here. 

Talking about publications let me mention that EAB's bi-annual magazine InTouch edition 95 is at the printers and should be falling on your doormat this month if you are on our mailing list. Please let me know if you would like to join the list.

I have been talking to our leader at Belem called Naldinho about his practical work linked to his Bible College course. He is a very dedicated brother. The work we do training young leaders is of great importance to the future of the work here.

I have been talking again to Pastor Umbirajara, who is the João Pessoa regional leader, about Cleiton who is to take on the leadership of the Jacumã church now that José Renildo is moving to Portugal. I have said goodbye to our brother on the phone.

Please pray for Dr Marcelo from our Patos church who is a Vet. He has now gone into intensive care with Covid.

I have prepared my sermon for next Sunday which is Mother's Day in Brazil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment