Friday 14 May 2021

Doctor's

Liz and I went to our doctor's yesterday for a routine checkup for the first time in an awful long time. Our doctor's name is Felícia. Liz and I are both well thank the Lord. I just need to increase by protein intake and Liz is going to have some vitamin B12 injections but apart from these minor adjustments we are fine. Dr. Felícia also said that now we are over three weeks after our second dose of vaccine we can return to in person services at church as long as we take all take the necessary precautions of social distancing and wearing masks of course. Liz and I are therefore very happy and grateful to God to be able to be going back to church in person as from this Sunday. I will be getting my hair cut tomorrow in preparation for this which will be quite a relief! 😀 I will lead the service on Sunday and my assistant pastor will preach.

Yesterday we had a good rain of 40 mm which is not far short of 2 inches. This takes us up to a total this year of 487 mm. This leaves us far short of what we need for it to be a good year but we hope and pray for some more good rains in May. In João Pessoa on the coast yesterday they had flash flooding with abundant torrential rain there!

Our projects team has been out distributing sheep to poor families in Diamante County. The people benefitted by our 4-Legs Project opted for hair sheep rather that goats in this case. Some prefer sheep as they are somewhat easier to control than goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment