Wednesday 13 June 2018

I love preaching the Gospel!

I am near to completing my sermon preparation for Sunday on this Wednesday morning and I am already itching to preach it! My preparation started on Monday and I am more and more enthused with the text of John 13:1-17. I have preached on this passage before of course, but this time it's different! Preachers and pastors: if you never see anything new in a text or Bible passage over the years there's something wrong with you! You're stagnant!

I have seen the WASHING of the disciple's feet in a new way this time round. It is humility I know, but it is also washing! Washing which Peter is told he will only understand later. Why later? After what? Leon Morris is great on John's Gospel. 

Thank you Jesus for your washing! Can't wait for Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment