Monday 22 February 2016

Going South

Last Thursday's Bible study went well with Sacha leading the P&W. Last night's Sunday service went great too with a packed church and Sacha also leading the P&W. She'll be leading the whole service this Thursday as I will be going to São Paulo tomorrow and only getting back on Thursday night. Pastor Sílvio from our Portelo church will be coming to give the Bible study.

I leave at 10am tomorrow for Recife airport which is a 6 hour drive. I could have got a flight to the Campinas, São Paulo airport from João Pessoa which would only have taken me 4 hours to get to by road, but the flight was 50% more expensive which is ridiculous. My 3 hour flight is due to arrive about 9pm and from the airport I will head for my usual Ibis hotel to sleep. Early on Wednesday I will head to the venue where there will be a gathering of the Brazilian Evangelical Alliance with denominational leaders from the 4 corners of the country. The meetings will go on right through the day. I am looking forward to representing EAB/ACEV at the event to which I was very warmly invited and to meet some pastors I haven't seen in decades. I should be back in Patos on Thursday night.

Philip is steadily recovering from his appendicitis operation last Wednesday. They removed his appendix in the nick of time as it burst immediately it was removed. These details we get to know in Brazil! Also the fact that the surgeon and team are all Philip's friends helps!

I am doing a lot of work in preparation for the annual EAB/ACEV Field Conference in May. This is the most important meeting of the year for all our leaders so please pray for all the work that goes in to the build up to it. We will have an ACEV Board meeting in April a month ahead of the Conference. At the Conference the new Board will be elected for the coming 4 years from 2016-2020. Time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment